Excerpt from the published text of the Bill:
This Bill amends the Petroleum Resources Act to:
- clarify the authority of the Minister to delegate to a person the powers, duties and functions assigned to the Minister;
- require the publication of additional notices respecting activities under the Act;
- require that specified licences be made publicly available;
- amend the criteria for an interest holder to be eligible for a significant discovery licence and restrict the term of a significant discovery licence;
- add consideration of Indigenous traditional knowledge and input from Indigenous organizations when appointing Board members;
- increase public representation on the Environmental Studies Management Board;
- clarify the requirements respecting conflicts of interest and remuneration of Board members;
- require the disclosure of greater amounts of information with respect to the activities of the Environmental Studies Research Fund;
- require the disclosure of greater amounts of information and clarify the obligations of the Minister and the Regulator with respect to the confidentiality of information received by either of them; and
- correct inconsistencies and errors identified in the Act.
Bill 36 is an amendment to the existing Petroleum Resources Act, in force as of April 1, 2014. The full text of the existing Petroleum Resources Act is available through the Legislative Assembly website.