Excerpt from the published text of the Bill:
This Bill amends the Oil and Gas Operations Act to:
- clarify the authority of the Minister and the Regulator to delegate to a person the powers, duties and functions assigned to each of them;
- expand the authority of the Regulator to issue
guidelines and interpretation notes;
- allow the Regulator to conduct public hearings and specify the powers the Regulator may exercise
in the conduct of the hearings;
- require the Minister to table an annual report on the activities of the Regulator;
- require the disclosure of greater amounts of
information and clarify the obligations of the Minister and the Regulator with respect to the confidentiality of information received by either of them; and
- clarify the requirements surrounding proof of financial responsibility for holders of authorizations.
Bill 37 is an amendment to the existing Oil and Gas Operations Act, in force as of April 1, 2014 (Section 122 in force as of April 1, 2016). The full text of the existing Oil and Gas Operations Act is available through the Legislative Assembly website.